October 6, 2010

Anthem Found







I am playing this song over and over and over and over...don't you just love when you find a song that speaks to you so loudly? I mean tears and realizations and laughter and that feeling of, "of course!" It's almost as though the song has been resounding inside of me my whole life and I am just remembering it now...does that ever happen to you?

Matthew Paul Miller, whose Hebrew name is Matisyahu, is an American Hasidic Jewish reggae musician. Now how's that for you? I LOVE IT! There are 3 different cultures intertwined and that is just so beautiful. I was doing a little research on him for this blog post and am freaking out a little bit because I tend to stumble upon the craziest 'coincidences' all of the time. In other words, synchronicity does not escape me and so I am aware of the many signs I am always receiving. If you ever wondered what it is like to have multiple epiphanies in a typical day, call me. It's a blessing I am sure but also demands many tears. I swear I have to stay extra hydrated to keep up with the flow. OK-so what were these synchronicities? Well, for one he was born in West Chester, PA a mere two years prior to my own arrival into the same town. And second, he has a younger sister named...you guessed it- Julie. Interesting!


Watch the video then download the song and blast it...let your heart SING..."ONE DAY"


-OM

Shanti Shanti Shanti

Peace Peace Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment