September 12, 2010

The Maine Point





Happy Sunday! Just a little photo blog to share some of the beauty I am so blessed to witness on each journey to the coast of Maine. It's a rather 'simple' life in these parts of Maine. Simple in the measure that the people who live here do their work-whether lobstering, gardening, teaching, painting or rearing babies-with a humble nature and a quiet pride. You can sense there is nowhere else they would rather be. It is said that things get pretty quiet these ways in the winter, as compared to the bustling summer months I have witnessed. I hope to find that out this winter as I plan a trip to experience that quiet & stillness.

I imagine that I may like to live in Maine one day. My instinct says the stillness will permeate through me and hopefully fill me with quiet content rather than a feeling of loneliness. I find it is a fine line between the two ...but when the soul is strong, when one has deciphered between what is truly important and what is 'noise' in this world, the soul can be soothed by the piercing quiet as well as the movement of city life. For it is not WHERE we are...it is HOW we are. And here, we enjoy the magnificence of creation. In Maine, God certainly put some of the best work at play!

No comments:

Post a Comment