September 30, 2010

This Gives Me Goosebumps!


I love this kid! OMG! It so truly warms my heart and gives me so much hope as the generations coming up are totally understanding the craziness that is "frankenfood". This video brings together two things that I truly love: the sustainable agriculture movement and the TEDx conferences. When together there is a 'viral' ability to spread the good news that there are MANY people out there, young and old, that understand how many many many of the 'issues' we face in our world: climate change, fossil fuel reliance, the economy; are connected to the fact that we have too many over-chemicalized, under nutrient-rich foods circulating in our food chain. While many of the wealthier nations are stuffing themselves silly with these 'foods' that come in shiny wrappers, others are starving due to soils that cannot grow foods and unstable governments and environments that limit the ability to establish a sustainable growing system.


OK-as I step off my soapbox, I encourage you to WATCH THIS!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Id9caYw-Y


Om Om


PS-I totally am aware of the possible 'brainwashing' people might see here. But Birke IS 11 and not 7 and that is totally a big difference. I choose to simply stick with the message :)

No comments:

Post a Comment