July 18, 2011

Processing


Tonight Diana and I went for a bike ride.  It was my first Moldovan flight, legs peddling hard and wind in my hair.  It felt so good to move fast...as fast as my thoughts.  We felt like two French ladies on our bicycles as we moved quickly past the vineyards of the famed Cricova winery.  It was fun...pure joy.

I haven't written a blog post in some time and wanted to check in with you all.  It's certainly not that "nothing" is happening.  Of course life is happening.  So much so that I am deeply in a state of processing.

-----

It is high fruit season here, meaning that many of the sweet fruits of summer have reached their peak.  The aroma of apricots, peaches, cherries and raspberries permeate the hot summer air as the Moldovan women wash, peel, pit and cut the fruits for preserving.  They are processing.

(n.) process- a systematic series of actions directed to some end

There IS some end, and there are many parts and means that build up to this end.  Currently I find myself still slaying dragons (for another post all together).  Being far from home, far from the people and places that for so long "helped" to shape my identity and ideas of the world, I have an amazing opportunity to decide what will come along and what will stay behind.  There is so much I have learned, but what garners wisdom and what brings destructive illusion?

-----

Some of the fruits are to be enjoyed on these hot summer days.  And others, processed with the intent and understanding that they will be enjoyed in the future.  If we don't process these fruits now, we cannot enjoy them later, perhaps when times are cold and dark.  We must make choices every day on how we will be sustained.  What are you processing?


Om tat sat.

3 comments:

  1. Julie, loved your blog and what wisdom you have placed in words. What are you processing is a great question for each and everyone of us to ask ourselves. I am processing the fact that I am moving out of a comfort zone that I have known for so long and it is a difficult transaction. I have beautiful friends here and have learned so many things from all of them and prayerfully they have also from me. Time for a new beginning and new challenges. I just pray that I will have the wisdom to make all these changes. Enjoy the fruits of the earth now and in the future. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Sivakami! You said it well that taking the time to process in the moment bears fruit for the future. Your journey and experience holds many magical moments and wise teachings for us all. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am processing learning and observation about my needs, unresolved places that are healing and integrating such awareness into the now. I am processing multi-cultural living as well . . . and my relationship to my own blog. I relate to the bicycle thing - it often feels like our body just can't keep up with out thoughts. (How exhilirating when the teo match!) Is the body too slow . . . Or the mind too monkeyed? Hehe :- P deep breaths. Thank you for the beautiful post . . . X

    ReplyDelete