May 2, 2011

Reaction

pāpa-nāśanah(Sanskrit), the destruction of sinful reactions

I try to work on my reactions as my wisdom and learnings tell me they are all that I can truly control. Monitor emotion, breathe, observe thoughts, breathe, take proper action. There is action in inaction.

---------

Mark my words: I love nothing in this changing world more than humans. I may make mistakes in my relations with them daily and these relations cause me at once great suffering and immense joy.

I was born with an undying desire to wrap my arms around a race of beings that I realize is still largely in the dark. The death of a fellow being cheered as though we have won an NFL championship? Violence answers nothing. Retaliation creates more karma.

I realize not too much has changed since the Romans cheered the gladiotors as they tore each other's bodies to shreds. The technological revolution does not indicate enlightenment.

My flame further ignites. My compassion for my fellow man becomes increasingly strong. My work is made more clear.

I realize that my words may offend some, but I am willing to take that risk and to take my stand. A stifled voice brings peace to none. Share yours. Your truth is your only true gift to this world and to your fellow man.

---------

Hari om tat sat.

Image from Jane deForest Art of the Sacred

No comments:

Post a Comment