June 4, 2011

EMotion --> DEVotion

Yes, I am still organizing/packing.  It really goes like this:
Collect, scatter, review, pile, repeat. 

Until FINALLY some things are out the door, in a box, at the curb, in the hands of loved ones, or in my suitcase.  As I am preparing for this next big journey (of which I will write more thouroughly about tomorrow...I am still developing my words to express precicely why I am choosing to take this next step/challenge), I am going through a multitude of emotions.  I am suprisingly calm finding  most of my fear/anxiety directed towards packing.  I feel that I did already do a lot of my emotional work in the past two years at the ashram, and with various teachers and healers.  Lots and lots of letting go.  We all have to do it at one point or another.  Maybe I needed that good two years of clearing to be able to face what is to come over the next two years? I felt sorrow, pain, regret, remorse.  I felt good, bad, high, low.  The key is that I FELT. 

Feelings are what motivates me to make choices.  Some of us move more from the head, and some from the heart.  Emotions can be tricky but should never be completely ignored.  Rather they must be experienced and then moved.  Cannot stay stuck.  How long we experience them is up to us.  One of the forms of Yoga, Bhakti, is all about taking emotions and transmuting them into DEvotion.  Through art, singing, writing, prayer, one can offer their pain, sadness, joy and every other rainbow of emotion so that it is not stuck in the body and soul.  Life needs to flow.

And so, on sorrow.  I found this poem the other day on a loose peice of lined yellow legal paper.  I think I wrote this in college...I transmuted my sorrow into words:

Sorrow is a wicked game
Creeps us and I'm tagged
Unbeatable at times it seems
Persists and never lags

I wish no sorrow for this world
And for myself to say
I'm in a battle constantly
To find the good each day

So lonely at times
In a world so full
Please help me God to see
The wonder of the gift of life
So I may let it be

Om shanti shanti shanti.

No comments:

Post a Comment