June 21, 2011

Stomp a Frog and Kiss the Moon

So the other night Diana and I went for a walk and when we arrived almost to the front gate of the house, we were stopped short by a little dog and a neighbor's hello.  In my halt, I felt/heard something crackle and break under the weight of my foot.  While at first I thought it was some sort of very thin glass bottle, Diana soon confirmed that I had completely squashed a frog.  "Oh my gosh!"  I hadn't even seen any frogs and didn't think this possible.  My over-analytical mind sped right into action, "What does this mean?"

We scrambled into the house both giggling but me in some shock over this death.  "Oh no, do I have some bad karma to step on him?  I feel so bad...if I hadn't stopped so suddenly it wouldn't have happened...blah, blah blah" I say to Diana.  She laughs and in her 19-year-old wisdom says with a smile, "Or it is his bad karma".  Uh-huh.  Right.  The world doesn't revolve around me...

In a continuation of mystic events, the next evening as we were headed to bed, my host mother ran into the hallway and knocked on our doors saying something in Romanian and then Diana quickly translated, "The moon, it's an eclipse!"  And so off we went to the street to watch the moon disappear behind a dark shade of orange, then brown and almost to black.  It is these moments, when I am in complete awe of the Universe, that I am humbled in the sense that I am but a speck.  And yet my "speckness" has all of the potential to create, love and transform.  Watching the same moon as those I love all around the world brings it home.  We are never too small nor too far to love, it is the greatest thing we can "do". 

Om Tat Sat.  Dobre Noche! 

No comments:

Post a Comment